Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Eternal Family
Andrew and I recently celebrated our 4 year anniversary! It was unlike any anniversary we've had so far that's for sure. It's different with Boston, and that's OK. I'd still rather have him than have all the "glamorous" date nights in a lifetime. We hurried (because the time starts ticking the second I finish feeding Boston until he will be hungry again) to PF Changs, and left Boston with Grandma Hawkins. We had an enjoyable dinner there, and it was fun to think back, because we went there last year as well, and had just gotten an ultrasound of Boston. I think PF Changs might become a tradition. That food is amazing. Then we walked around City Creek for a minute, and went home. I put Boston to bed, and we tried to go back out to shop around Station park, cause my Mom was still over but everything was closed. So we just came home, and watched some of a movie, and fell asleep. ha VERY exciting! But I've come to appreciate the quote, "It's not what you're doing, but who your with that makes it count." And Andrew is always good company! He's my best friend in the whole world. We can lay in bed and laugh and laugh about the dumbest stuff, and then we laugh even harder because we realize how silly we sound. ha ha Yeah... you'd have to be there.
Anyways, our actual Anniversary was the next day, on Sunday. I got up and made him yummy Nutella french toast! I have to say, I spoil him with food pretty often. He's a lucky guy, hopefully for more reasons than my cooking though. lol
The previous Sunday we went to Temple Square for the first time as a family, and it was really special. Every time I see the beautiful Salt Lake temple, I get flash backs of walking up to it with my wedding dress in one arm, and Andrew holding my other hand. I think about the covenants we made to each other and to God to always love one another.
As we strolled around the temple with Boston, I thought about the sealing a lot, and I'm so grateful to be sealed as a family for eternity. That means everything to me. I'm so grateful for Andrew, and I'm grateful for these last 4 years of experiences that have laid the foundation for an eternity ahead.
We had to hold Boston's head forward, cause he wanted to look back at the fountains so bad! ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment