SoooOOoooo....To say this pregnancy has been all fun and laughs would be a lie, and to say that it has been kind of tough would be a HUGE understatement. Yeah pretty much it's been one of the hardest trials I have been through in my life so far. Boston's pregnancy was a piece of cake compared to this one. I can't believe how much harder it is to be pregnant when you have a toddler!! On the days you don't feel good (which was almost everyday for me) and you just want to go to bed...you have a cute little buddy pulling your pant leg like, "let's go Mom! I'm ready for lunch, let's go play!" I probably earned the most boring Mom of the week award a few weeks in a row. Sometimes I would literally just lay on the ground with toys around me, and pathetically wave them around or push some at him. It was really sad looking I'm sure. Luckily Boston is a great sport and seemed to be having fun no matter what. A big problem is that I was ALWAYS nauseated! Nothing EVER sounded good! I couldn't even think about food without feeling sick. I have a pretty high tolerance to throwing up so I haven't thrown up so far but there have been plenty of times I wished I could, or would just feel like I was going to at any moment pretty much all day. I would literally call my Mom at lunch time on occasion crying, because I knew Boston and I were both hungry but I literally didn't have the energy to go down and make anything and I couldn't think of a single thing on the planet I wanted to eat, then a lone make Boston...and dinner has been shot out the window. It's like my brain can't even think of ideas...My poor family has to fend for themselves a lot.
Of course with all of this I have definitely had lots of learning opportunities. I have learned a lot about myself and the power of prayer and service. See, I am a VERY independent person. I like the feeling of achieving something on my own, and especially being able to take care of myself on my own (except I'll admit I do love to be babied by Andrew on occasion. lol) But really, even when I was just a year old I HAD to dress myself. My Mom tells hilarious stories, of how patient she had to be considering I was basically incapable of actually doing it, but I insisted and would say "I do it! I do it!" I have seen a home video where I'm prob 14 months old TRYING to put on my shirt by myself and I'm out of breath and determined to figure it out. lol don't ask me where this determination comes from but it's there with a passion.
But for the first time in my life I have had lots of moments where I have literally broken down thinking "I can't do this, I need help." Does that mean I actually did ask for help?? No.... I just prayed to feel better, and to have the strength to get through the day. Well prayers are answered. The Lord didn't make me feel better every day though, instead he sent heavenly angels in the form of friends and family to help me, when I was too sick (or proud) to ask for help. Being on the other end of service is an amazing and truly humbling experience. It's humbling in the fact that you have to realize you can't do it alone and accept the help. That can be hard to do! But I have had very memorable moments of service that brought me to tears, a few of which I want to recall for the books. :)
One day my Dad called and asked if Boston and I wanted to meet him and my mom for a little lunch. I was having a really bad day, and just started crying and quickly said something to the effect of:
"Dad, this hasn't been a good day, thanks for asking but I can't even imagine having the energy to get Boston and I dressed and out the door, then a lone to come to lunch. And if we did actually ever get out of the house this week at all we would have to go get groceries...more crying...we're out of milk, and bread, all the basics, I'm sorry I've got to go, Andrew is beeping in."
With that I hung up with my Dad and didn't think a second more about it and talked to Andrew on his lunch break at work and asked him to come home to help with Boston because I felt so sick. I felt awful in asking Andrew to come home early but this was one of my worst days. About half an hour later Andrew got home, found me laying in the hallway crying, and trying to play with Boston, he immediately took over with him and started doing some dishes.
Two minutes later I heard a very special and distinct knock on the front door. A knock that brings a smile to my face every time I hear it because it means my family is here to visit!! I knew immediately it was them, but had no idea why they would be here. Since I knew it was them I peeled myself off the floor and opened the door to find...(I'm tearing up even as I write this) My Dad, Mom, and little brother Dallin, smiling at me, with their arms full of groceries, and Chinese take out for all of us to eat together...I immediately burst into tears, and gave them all a hug! They not only brought the necessities but my Dad picked out special little food items he thought might sound good when I'm having rough days, including some extra yummy sherbet! ;) (inside joke) I will NEVER forget that day!!
Another one is my sweet visiting teachers Faith and Cheryl! They are seriously the best visiting teachers of all time! Not just because of all the yummy things they bring over, but because they are truly inspired of Heavenly Father, (again I am tearing up writing about this) I know they follow the spirit because they don't even know how many times they have dropped something off, texted me, or emailed me a sweet message on a day I needed it more than they would ever know on their own. They're always smiling and so sweet, and have truly become beloved friends I will ALWAYS remember. I have had them for a few years and will be sad whenever they get reassigned. There are too many times to list that they have served me, but for instance just last month they were planning on coming to visit, and I let them know an hour before, that I was very pregnancy sick and wasn't up for a visit. Next thing I know there is a yummy, simple (perfect on my tummy) cabbage soup on my doorstep, and some ginger ale. Then Faith brought me some preggo nausea candies on her walk one day (they have worked so great!) and Cheryl called me one random afternoon and said that she left a little lunch on the doorstep, cause she was at Harmons looking at their premade food (I should mention she's also pregnant!!) and brought me the only things that didn't look nauseating. lol It was a drumstick, and some yummy macaroni! ha ha see they are just wonderful, and are definitely in God's errand of Angels.
I know I spoke a lot about those two in particular but I have received soo much! A few neighbors have brought me meals randomly, just knowing I haven't felt well. My SIL made dinner while she was visiting cause I felt too sick to cook. My mom came over and risked getting stomach flu to take care of Boston and I who had it, so Andrew could go to work. My neighborhood BF came over and listened to me bawl about anything and everything just cause I needed a shoulder to cry on for an afternoon. My good friend Bre came with me to my doc appointment to help me with Boston so Andrew wouldn't have to take off work.
Just even sweet family members who have called or texted asking how I'm doing and say they're praying for me I have appreciated sooo much! It means the world! And of course I could never let this post go by without mentioning my sweet husband that serves our family each day by working without complaint, and takes care of us when he gets home. Often doing dishes late at night so I won't have to the next day, and taking a big share of changing Boston's dirty diapers when he's home! I could NEVER make it through without him! I am soo blessed, and soo grateful for everyone in my life!! But I hope it didn't sound like I was just bragging about my blessings....because what I really want to say is that I hope we can all be more open to promptings to serve those around us, and that we can be more open to receiving service ourselves. Service brings Heaven on Earth. It is in God's plan and I believe it is how he intends and makes sure that his children get taken care of, is through US... on the errands of angels and our Heavenly Father. :)
I am happy to report and end this post with the good news that I am 16 weeks and well into my second trimester and it has been a hundred times better than the first trimester!! Such a miracle!! There are still rough days but nothing like before! Here's to hoping it stays this way til the end. lol We find out what the baby is this week!!! I'll keep you updated!! Also my midwife told me to stop worrying so much about eating healthy and just worry about eating, which was hard for me but it's helped! So after losing weight in the beginning, I have now gained 2 pounds, but I can't believe how much I am showing!! I had my Midwife double check that I wasn't pregnant with twins lol she laughed and said it's natural on the second pregnancy because your body just knows what to do and your abs will split early, but it's still crazy!! I better not triple in size from here. lol!! Love you all!
![]() |
| 10 week sideview! |
![]() |
| First Family Pic! |



So glad to hear that you are feeling better, and that there were people there to take care of you along the way. Can't wait to find out the gender of Crandall baby #2!
ReplyDeleteMade me cry. So touching. Thank you for being your wonderful self!
ReplyDeleteOk...so I hardly look at blogs anymore!! So glad I did!! I'm the worst friend ever invented!! I had not idea you were so sick! I've looked for you a few times at church and haven't seen you-:) Yes, I know your probably shocked!! haha!! Please let me know if you need anything at all! I'm off on wednesdays and thursdays and can stop by or even take Boston to play with Daisy. Let me know! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete