Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vacation to Idaho...yep, Idaho!

I had been looking forward to and planning this trip to Idaho for the fourth of July since, well the last fourth of July! Last year we went to Idaho for the fourth because my SIL Natalie is a true Idahoan sp? and told us how great it was. She was right. They can really put on a celebration! Especially when it comes to fireworks! The Idaho Falls firework show is on the top ten in the U.S! So although it may seem an odd vacation spot, it's worth it! :)

This year I invited my family to come down with us. We didn't stay long, but we made it count! On the way down we stopped at the Maddox in Brigham City. Seriously love their food, and pretty sure I ate half my weight in rolls and raspberry butter. Mmmmmm! Great start to the trip! Boston was great in the car, as usual. Slept most of the way, so he made for good company. ;)


<< Road trippin'


We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (because they have amazing breakfast in the morning) and the first thing we did after checking in is head to the pool! Which I have also been looking forward to doing with Boston since... pretty much last year as well. (I was just over 2 months pregnant) I found a fun floaty, and got him a little swimsuit, and was way excited to see his reaction to the water! But mostly his reaction was how it is about most things, chill, cool, whatever.... ha I'm pretty cure he enjoyed it, and he wasn't complaining. Of course we got lots of pics of the life changing event!








ha ha love that face!



Did I mention Boston was teething this whole trip? Not so fun! I'm surprised at how good he still is even when he can't breathe out of his nose, and it's all runny, and you can tell he doesn't feel well.
Anyways, because of that we decided to take the next day nice and easy, and didn't get up early for the festivities. Andrew was pretty bummed about not doing the 5k. I had said I was going to do it with him, but we decided not to leave Bos. That and we stayed up really late playing cards the night before with my family.  I WILL do one with him soon though!!
We got to our spot around the falls early, so we could be sure and get a good view of the fireworks, and enjoy the fair. It's so pretty being around the falls, and so close to the temple! The weather was only about 80 degrees too so it was a great day!
        Grandma and Grandpa Hawkins sure love little Bosty! :)









Ha ha I LOVE this hat!


He looks like he could maybe be theirs....if you added a few blonde curls or something. :)

Did I mention how beautiful the Falls are?!


We brought ear muffs for Boston, worried that the fireworks might wake him up from the deep slumber he was supposed to be in... ha ha ha what was I thinking?! Yeah right, he wouldn't miss everything that was going on! As you can see he could barely keep his eyes open, but he watched the whole firework show! In the end, Boston ended up being the least of our worries. the area was PACKED! Evidently Boise's firework show got cancelled because of all the fires happening, so everyone came to Idaho Falls. ugh... And just to make it more fun, there were a bunch of obnoxious teenagers that sat on the sidewalk in front of us 2 seconds before the fireworks started, we couldn't get the music to work (the best part of the show!) and there was a drunk guy that pulled up on a bike right behind us yelling USA!!! Through most the show. lol sooooo.... it was interesting. Still good, but very interesting! ha

The next day we had breakfast, went for a swim and headed home. It was a short trip, but a good one! I sure love the fourth of July, and I love this blessed country that we live in even more. Andrew and I want to raise Boston to love and appreciate it as much as we do, and to respect those that make our freedom possible. God Bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment