Boston's birthday started off with his own little short stack of pancakes! Topped with a little homemade strawberry jam.. he looooved them!! :)
Then we "drove" around the store picking up last minute baking ingredients and our guest of honor of course... all the balloons!! Boston had to hold on to them for a long time before letting me up for decoration. lol
When we got home, I laid Boston down and it was baking time!! I made Boston's giant cupcake, and 26 individual cupcakes, made the icing, and iced them all myself. I saw all this because I was pretty proud of myself considering I have never done anything like it! I think it turned out pretty cute!
The decor for his party was all shades of blue- and the theme was "A year in a FLASH" so it was all about how the year was captured, with pictures all around, I prepared a video slideshow, and we made a timecapsule for him to open on his 18th birthday.
![]() |
| pictures of every month |
![]() |
| fun with cousin Izabelle before the party started |
I filled the timecapsule with everyone's guesses, pictures of him every month of his first year in a little album, pictures of the party, his 1yr birthday party hat, a cd of mine, Andrew's and Boston's favorite songs to dance to in the kitchen, a newspaper from his Birthday, the funnies, some facts about 2012, and a copy of the dvd slideshow! I sealed it up with a pic of him on the lid holding the box swearing not to open it until he is 18!! It's sure to be fun!! I haven't decided if I'm going to add to it every year or not, but it could be fun to slip in a few things over the years to come! :)
Then we opened presents... Boston got a lot of them. He is a very loved little boy. Everyone was so nice to bring him something. He's loving all his new fun toys, and especially all the books.
After presents was cake smashing time!! Boston LOVED his cake!! He hadn't really had sugar before his birthday so it was a special treat! I tried not to let him have too much, but he was sneaky and would grab more any chance he could. Even after we took the cake away he licked his fingers clean! OK....not clean... Andrew still had his work cut out for him getting him cleaned up but thanks to the nice "shirt bib" from IKEA it wasn't too bad. :)
![]() |
| Birthday Boy before the cake smash! |
![]() |
| looking for me to bring the cake... lol |
![]() |
| SEE! I told you he was sneaky!! |
We had prayed for 2 weeks that Boston would be healthy and well for his Birthday...literally hours before it started he was sneezing like crazy!! My Dad pointed out that we better be more specific next time in our prayers and ask that he be healthy THROUGH his Birthday... lol Andrew and I had to be quick with the tissues!
While Boston got cleaned up everyone went into the family room to watch the slideshow! It was my favorite part. I LOVE making slideshows, and this one was probably my favorite so far out of all the ones I have made. I had a hard time trying to keep it "short" because I didn't want to leave any pictures or videos out of it... then I realized, you know what, this isn't for everyone else... it is for Boston and Andrew and I to look back on over the years it can be as long as I want. :)
No one seemed to mind that it was 25 minutes! ha
We had soo much fun with this party and having a lot of the family there made it so special! Boston has a lot of people in his life that love him soo much!! :) He's a lucky boy... and we're lucky to have him as well!
I'm so proud of Boston and all that he has accomplished in this first year and I have every faith that he will continue to accomplish great things in all the years to come!
Happy FIRST Birthday Boston!!
love, Mom































You are so good at the whole party planning thing, down to the very last detail. Great job and WOW you have a 1 year old! The 2nd picture of Boston in the Car wit his little letterman jacket is adorable.
ReplyDelete