Thursday, October 3, 2013

Welcome HOME ELDER Blake Hawkins!!!

Elder Blake Hawkins is home from his mission in Colorado!! Spanish Speaking!! And actually the last quarter of his mission he ended up starting up a NEW mission in Kansas!! It happened because of the age change for missionaries! There was such a huge response to the age change that many new missions were created! Such an exciting time for the church!! Now girls can go at 19 (formerly 21) and boys can go at 18 (formerly 19) as soon as they graduate! So fun that Blake was able to be a part of all the changes!  I can't believe two years came and went as fast as they did!!! Well, they went fast for ME! I think mostly because I've never had so much going on in my whole life, 2 pregnancies just while he's been gone. ha ha crazy!

I have learned sooo much about Blake and Gary as I've read their letters for two years!! And also had the opportunity to write them. Sadly I didn't write Gary as often as I should have. I was in Highschool and very into my own life.. prob a little too much. Live and learn unfortunately. I made the time and wrote Blake a lot more. I sure have some amazing brothers!!! They are spiritual giants and SUCH a good example to me and my family!! One day they will read letters from Andrew and I when we're on our mission. :)

I am soo proud of Blake, and all that he did with the help of our Savior to bring people unto him. He sacrificed two whole years to the Lord and spreading His gospel! He was such an obedient missionary as well! Sure love him. And I'm so glad he'll be back for when Maxton is born!

Picking him up from the airport was fun! The anticipation for him to come down the escalator was so intense!! ha ha But he was sure to feel loved and welcomed with the large crowd we had there to greet him!! Not to mention the posters my adorable Mom spent hours and hours on. Leaving their house smelling like Sharpie for about 2 days. lol Welcome Home Blake!!


His FIRST time meeting little Boston!!!! Such a big deal!!! :)

love my LITTLE bro! :)




Hawkins family reunited!! 

I really wanted to be with my family on the drive home, so they let me SQUEEZE in to the back of the truck with them!! It was a tight fit as we're not as little as we used to be!! ha ha But it made for some good memories! :)
He has been focusing on getting to know Boston well now that he's home, and Boston already loves his Uncle "Bick" soo much!




No comments:

Post a Comment