Thursday, August 25, 2011

A little Crandall man

Well, we found out on Tuesday that a little Crandall man is growing inside me.... yup, it's a BOY!!! :) Andrew was flippin out, of course!! I am super excited as well!!! It was clear as day on the Ultrasound!! I'm not going to post pics.. cause it seems kinda weird ha ha but the doc said she was 100% sure that it was a boy!!
I had, had a feeling about a year and a half ago, that I was going to have a girl... so strong, that I thought for sure I'd be having a girl. But the last 2 months, I haven't been so sure.... I've been very vocal about wanting a girl, because they're so cute, and fun to doll up etc... but finding out that I'm having a boy made me completely switch my train of thoughts. I'll admit, it took a tiny bit of warming up to the idea. Not the idea of having a son, but just that it was going to be so different than what I had been thinking, when I thought of having a daughter....
After I thought more about it, and saw how excited Andrew was, it hit me so hard, I couldn't be happier, and couldn't even sleep that night!! I was laying in bed reading, while Andrew was getting ready, and I was watching and listening to him, and thinking about how sweet he is to me, and all the cute goofy things that he does, and how loving he is, and I was suddenly so excited to have a boy. A little man around the house to remind me of the man I already love so much! I can't wait to look at him everyday and be reminded of Andrew. Plus a boy starting off the family will be great, so all our kids will have an older bro to look up to, and I'll have a little protector when Andrew's not home. lol
Andrew is going to be such a great Dad. I have so much confidence in him. I'm sure the first thing he's going to buy for him is a football ha ha which is no surprise. If that boy doesn't come out loving sports, Andrew will make sure he gets to loving them. And I know he'll teach him to be a team player, and to be strong in the gospel, and to love me, and respect me.

Anyway, I wanted to post this song that Andrew loves- its Brad Paisley's Anything like me. I have to admit, I've been listening to it a few times per day since we found out it was a boy... we both love it, and just like it says, I know we'll be getting our payback, but our boy will turn out alright if it's anything like Andrew... :) I love you babe.


1 comment:

  1. Yay for boys!! I am so happy for you both, you will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete